CloudM Migrate only supports migrating Microsoft Team Private Channels from Office 365 to Office 365 domains, including migrating HTML document only and support channel members. Support channel members must exist in the destination domain.
Emails cannot be migrated as the mailbox is shared across all members of the team and not on a per channel basis.
To migrate Private Channels:
- Run a migration to an existing Microsoft Team.
- When you get to the Add Items to migrate section (Step 3 of the migration process), select the Add Items to migrate drop down menu and click on Import Channel Sites.
- You will see a pop up message that shows how many private channels can be successfully imported from the source, and how many private channels will fail to import.
- If you have failures, click on the Export Failures option to review which channels have failed and why.
- Click Import Sites to add all the successful Private Channels to your current configuration.
- Continue with the migration process.
If you see failures, clicking Export Failures will show you what has caused the failure to occur. Typical errors that you might see include:
- NotFound - Sharepoint folder not found. The site has not been provisioned fully or does not exist. To overcome this, you would need to open this channel in the source and destination and see if it exists.
- BadGateway - Failed to execute backend request. This is caused on the Microsoft side, and not CloudM Migrate. You need to check if you can navigate to the channel. This may occur if you have deleted and restored a channel at a later date.