While the default options are recommended for the majority of users, CloudM Migrate gives users the ability to customise their migration experience. The following are the advanced options available to those migrating from Office 365.
OneDrive for Business/SharePoint
These settings are only needed when migrating files or sites to or from your Office 365 domain.
- Sharepoint Admin URL - The URL for the sharepoint admin center. Go to the Microsoft Office 365 admin portal, then to the Admin Centers and finally to Sharepoint. It should look like this example: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com
- Retry Count - The number of times an operation will be tried before failing when making requests to SharePoint.
- Timeout - The timeout for operations with the sharepoint server.
- Hybrid Environment - Allows a custom 'SharePoint Admin Url' and 'SharePoint My Sites Url' to be entered for Hybrid migration.
- Team Site URL - The URL for sites and teams. This is usually https://tenant.sharepoint.com
- My Sites Url - My Sites Url for OneDrive users, the following setting is only available when 'Hybrid' is set to 'True'
- Trace OneDrive Requests - All OneDrive requests will be logged in the trace files in order to help diagnose errors.
- Export Batch Size - The maximum number of items to return per a OneDrive batch file/folder request.
- Include Team Sites in User List - Specifies whether Team Sites will be obtained when getting a user list.
- Include OneDrive Users Team Sites in User List - Specifies whether OneDrive Users Team Sites will be obtained when getting a user list. This operation could take some time as each users OneDrive space is checked.
- Document Sharing - Choose whether the document should be shared as per the source folders/files ACLs if they can be resolved to email addresses.
It is highly recommended to use the default PowerShell settings, unless you know exactly what you are doing.
- PowerShell Variables - Specify the name/value pairs that can be used as replacement variables in PowerShell scripts that the tool may run. The name must be in the format: [!name], where 'name' can be anything of your choice.
- PowerShell Get Users Init Script - The PowerShell script that will be run to obtain the user list.
- Autodiscovery Service URL - In order to connect to the correct server that a user’s data may be stored on, autodiscovery is used to obtain the server information. Input the URL to the autodiscovery service for your domain. The default value is a general address than can usually be used to resolve server addresses on Office 365.
- Direct Exchange EWS URL - For Office 365, you should use autodiscovery and not specify anything for this setting.
- If you are unable to use autodiscovery, you will need to determine and enter the EWS URL. Please refer to the Determine EWS URL for a migration article for more details.
- Exchange Version - The version of the Exchange source platform.
- Authentication Method - Choose the authentication type that will be used with the server. For Office 365 this will normally be set to 'Basic'.
- Use Workstation Credentials - Use the credentials of the logged in user rather than the provided credentials. Use this for NTLM, Kerberos or other authentication methods which require the Windows identity. This setting generally is irrelevant when migrating to/from Office 365.
- Credential Method - If you have setup Application Impersonation as described earlier in this page then you should specify Impersonation for this setting. If you have not setup Application Impersonation (or cannot use it for some reason), then choose either Delegated Access (for BPOS for example) or User Credentials. If using User Credentials then the user’s passwords on the Users tab must be correct.
- Retry Count - The number of times an operation will be attempted before failing.
- Max Wait - Specify the maximum time that a wait operation can wait between exponential backoff retry attempts
- Timeout - The maximum time, in milliseconds that communication will be attempted.
- Use X-AnchorMailbox Header - When using application impersonation, use the X-AnchorMailbox header to improve performance.
- Archive Type - The type of the archive that will be processed from Archive2Anywhere.
- Server URL - The URL that will be used to make requests to re-hydrate email stubs from Archive2Anywhere.
- API Key - The API key required for calling the Archive2Anywhere endpoint.
- Retry Count - The number of times to retry rehydrating a stub before failing.
- Timeout - The time (in milliseconds) before a connection will fail.
- Migrate Non-Organizer Attendee Statuses - Attempt to migrate attendee statuses for appointments where the migrating user is not the owner (when the owner is being migrated attendee statuses are always preserved). Due to API limitations, for any appointments from outside of the domain and from any accounts that no longer exist the attendee status will always not be migrated.
- Exchange version Calendar Timezone - The default timezone to use with appointments when migrating from Exchange version when the timezone is not identified by other means.
Mapi Properties Options
- Extended Mapi Properties - Specify the list of custom Mapi properties to migrate (valid when migrating to Exchange/Office 365 only).
- Excluded Item Classes - Specify the list of item classes that will not be processed as part of a migration. Exact matches are made on the value specified here.
- Included Item Classes - Provide a list of excluded item classes to exclude from email migration if required. Exact matches must be used here.
- Log Excluded Items - By default excluded items will be logged to the trace file with a log level of 'Warn'. Set this to true to include these items in the migration reports.
- Migrate SMIME Signed Messages Without Modification - When migrating SMIME signed messages, perform no modification of the messages. This could mean some other features of CloudM Migrate may not be executed, such as moving attachments to Drive or ensuring the sent address is correct. It will ensure however that the digital signature verifies.
- Recoverable Mail Items - Select how to include recoverable mail items when migrating from Exchange and Office 365. Select None to migrate no Recoverable Items, Include Recoverable items to migrate Recoverable Items in addition to other mailbox items or Recoverable Items Only to only migrate Recoverable items.
- Recoverable Mail Items Label Category - Apply the specified label/category to items migrated from within the Recoverable Items folder. Leave empty to not apply a label/category.