While the default options are recommended for the majority of users, CloudM Migrate gives users the ability to customise their migration experience. The following are the advanced options available for those migrating to Office 365.
OneDrive for Business/SharePoint
These settings are only needed when migrating files or sites to your Office 365 domain.
- Sharepoint Admin URL - The URL for the sharepoint admin center. Go to the office 365 admin portal, then to the Admin Centers and finally to Sharepoint. It should look like this example: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com
- Retry Count - The number of times an operation will be tried before failing when making requests to SharePoint.
- Timeout - The timeout for operations with the sharepoint server.
- Hybrid Environment - Allows a custom 'SharePoint Admin Url' and 'SharePoint My Sites Url' to be entered for Hybrid migration.
- Maximum File Size - The maximum size (in bytes) of files that will be uploaded.
- Top Level Folder - Optionally place all folders and files in the specified top level folder. Leave empty to not create an extra top level folder. The first top level folder name migrated to will be fixed for future migrations.
- Truncate Folders and Files - OneDrive and SharePoint impose various restrictions on the length of folder and filenames. By default, CloudM Migrate will truncate these folder and filenames so that they fit under the limits imposed by SharePoint. If this is disabled and any folder or file paths are too long, then these folders and files will fail to migrate.
- Preserve File Created and Modified Dates - Preserve date and time created metadata for any files migrated.
- Provision Sites - Provision any personal OneDrive sites or Team Sites that do not already exist as part of a migration.
- Provision Sites Timeout Check - Wait at most this number of milliseconds when provisioning sites before failing if the site has not yet been created.
- Team Site URL - The URL for sites and teams. This is usually https://tenant.sharepoint.com
- Team/Sites Directory - When migrating to Team Sites, choose to migrate to a URL starting with 'teams' or 'sites'.
- Trace OneDrive Requests - All OneDrive requests will be logged in the trace files in order to help diagnose errors.
- Ignore List Sync Limits - Ignore restrictions and limitations in using OneDrive for Business to sync SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013 libraries to your computer. There are very few scenarios in which this options should be changed.
- My Sites Url - My Sites Url for OneDrive users, the following setting is only available when 'Hybrid' is set to 'True'
It is highly recommended to use the default PowerShell settings, unless you know exactly what you are doing.
- PowerShell Variables - Specify the name/value pairs that can be used as replacement variables in PowerShell scripts that the tool may run. The name must be in the format: [!name], where 'name' can be anything of your choice.
- Run PowerShell Init Script - Choose if the PowerShell initialization script will be run. The PowerShell initialization script is run once at the beginning of a migration.
- PowerShell Init Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.
- Run PowerShell Before Script - Choose if a PowerShell script will be run at the beginning of a user's migration. This PowerShell script is run for every user at the beginning of their migration.
- PowerShell Before Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.
- Run PowerShell After Script - Choose if a PowerShell script will be run after a user's migration. This PowerShell script is run after a user's migration has finished.
- PowerShell After Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.
- Run PowerShell Finalize Script - Choose if a PowerShell script will be run after all users migrations are complete. This PowerShell script is run once, when all migrations are complete.
- PowerShell Finalize Script - The script that will be run if permitted by the previous setting.
- Autodiscovery Service URL - In order to connect to the correct server that a user’s data may be stored on, autodiscovery is used to obtain the server information. Input the URL to the autodiscovery service for your domain. The default value is a general address than can usually be used to resolve server addresses on Office 365.
- Direct Exchange EWS URL - For Office 365, you should use autodiscovery and not specify anything for this setting.
- Exchange Version - The version of the Exchange destination platform.
- Authentication Method - Choose the authentication type that will be used with the server. For Office 365, this will normally be set to 'Basic'.
- Use Workstation Credentials - Use the credentials of the logged in user rather than the provided credentials. Use this for NTLM, Kerberos or other authentication methods which require the Windows identity. This setting generally is irrelevant when migrating to/from Office 365.
- Credential Method - If you have setup Application Impersonation as described earlier in this page then you should specify Impersonation for this setting. If you have not setup Application Impersonation (or cannot use it for some reason), then choose either Delegated Access (for BPOS for example) or User Credentials. If using User Credentials then the user’s passwords on the Users tab must be correct.
- Retry Count - The number of times an operation will be attempted before failing.
- Timeout - The maximum time, in milliseconds that communication will be attempted.
- Use X-AnchorMailbox Header - When using application impersonation, use the X-AnchorMailbox header to improve performance.
- Exchange 2007 Calendar Timezone - The default timezone to use with appointments when migrating from Exchange 2010 when the timezone is not identified by other means.
- Exchange 2010/Office 365 Calendar Timezone - The default timezone to use with appointments when migrating from Exchange 2010 when the timezone is not identified by other means.
Public Folder Options
- Nest Public Folders - Nest Public Folders under a specific top-level Public Folder.
- Nested Public Folder Name - The name of the top-level Public Folder under which other Public Folders will be nested if 'Nest Public Folders' is true.
- Maximum File Size - The maximum message size, in bytes, that will be migrated, anything larger will be ignored.
- Strip Received Headers - Removes Received headers from emails and replaces them with a single header corresponding to the Date header of the email. See Incorrect date ordering of emails in Exchange after migrating from G Suite for more information.
- Use Chunked HTTP Web Requests - This is an optimisation for CloudM Migrate that allows large files to be migrated without reading the entire payload into memory. This is enforced for Office 365 regardless of setting, but disabled by default for other Exchange platforms as they may not support chunked/streamed uploads.
- Recoverable Items Destination - When migrating items from the recoverable items folders, choose whether to place them in Recoverable Items or in the Mailbox.
Office 365 Groups
- Client Id – Can be obtained by registering an application under 'App registrations' in Azure Active Directory.
- Client Secret – Can be obtained by registering an application under 'App registrations' in Azure Active Directory.
- Timeout – The timeout for operations with the server.
- Retry Count – The number of times an operation will be attempted before failing.
- Maximum Results Per Request – the maximum number of results to return for individual queries.
- Create Office 365 Group – create an Office 365 Group, if it does not exist.
- Provision Office 365 Group Timeout Check – the maximum period of time used to check if a O365 Group has been created.
- Test Office 365 Email – The email address of a Office 365 group that already exists.
- Default Document Library Name - When migrating 'Microsoft Teams' and 'Microsoft Groups' and the source platform is not Office 365 or SharePoint On Premise. Documents will be migrated to this library.
- Channel Message Library Name - When migrating 'Microsoft Teams' and 'Export Channel Message Type' is set to 'Document' or 'Email and Document'. The channel conversation history document will be migrated to this library.