The G Suite Push Notifications feature now allows you to configure CloudM Manage to monitor the G Suite domain for any changes to user profiles, and immediately sync the changes so that the user profile on CloudM Manage is immediately and automatically updated.
Previously, you would have needed to wait up to 48 hours for a Global Sync to take place before the profile would be updated to reflect any changes on the G Suite domain.
To enable / disable the push notification feature:
- From any screen within CloudM Manage, click on the Menu icon ( ) at the top of the Functions column on the left side of the screen.
- This will prompt the Functions column to expand from an Icon view to a Description view.
- Select the down facing arrow next to Global Settings.
- Select the Synchronization & Notifications option.
- Scroll down the screen until you see an information box informing you that G Suite push notifications are currently either enabled or disabled.
- The feature is set to Disabled by default.
- If the information box states that the feature is currently disabled (and you wish to enable it), select the green Enable button. If the information box states that the feature is currently enabled (and you want to disable it), select the green button which will read Disable.
- If successful, the message in the information box will change to show you the current status (enabled or disabled).
- The change will now be saved and you can now continue with other tasks within CloudM Manage or log out.