CloudMigrator supports the migration to/from the following platforms, but you still need to ensure that the platform is ready to perform the migration.
Platforms: Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016/Office 365
- Create an administrative account
- CloudMigrator defaults it's Credential Method to Impersonation, therefore, the admin should have impersonation permissions to perform the migration. You can run an impersonation script to apply these permissions from CloudMigrator, for more information see this article;
- If the hosted Exchange provider does not provide administrative credentials, or rather the admin account does not have sufficient permissions to log in to user mailboxes, you can set User Credentials as the Credential Method as per this article.
- Verify the Direct Exchange EWS URL is set up properly:
- Alternatively, verify that the Autodiscovery URL is correct, see this article.
- Disable the Exchange throttling policy. See this article.
- (Destination only) If there are attachments larger than 10MB:
- Increase message size limits;
- Increase maximum accepted content length;
- Increase maximum receive message size;
- Increase maximum accepted request length.
- If you're migrating to OneDrive/Sharepoint, you need to ensure that the users are correctly provision to do so. Either:
- Use CloudMigrator to perform the user creation. We use a powershell script to do-so and the provisioning is performed during that process.
If the users already exist, Sites can be provisioned for the users by simply having them sign in to OneDrive, or for all users you can follow this Microsoft guide.