This article provides details on specific items that have limitations or cannot be migrated with CloudMigrator.
CloudMigrator cannot migrate items that are not supported by the Destination. Although, in some cases, we can convert items from the Source to something that is accepted on the Destination, e.g., Google Docs in Google Drive > Microsoft Word in OneDrive for Business.
The first section of this article includes details on limitations or what is not migrated from all mail systems. The subsequent sections include details on limitations or what is not migrated from specific systems.
All Mail Systems (Source)
The following is a list of items that we do not migrate between mailboxes, due to API limitations:
- Modified description text and modified attendee lists for exceptions to recurring meetings are not migrated (although exceptions to recurring meetings are migrated).
- Customization of individual events in a series recurring events, e.g., Notes, are updated in some of the individual events.
Exchange/Office 365 (Source)
- Items that do not match folder types, i.e., calendar responses within a mail folder
- Custom items that do not inherit from the core system types
- Example: Items which are not true email, calendars, contacts, journals, mail, notes, or tasks
- Calendar notifications such as invitations, cancellations, etc.
- InfoPath Forms
- Server-based Distribution Lists
- Dynamic Distribution Lists
- Bounce notifications such as Non-Delivery Report/Receipt (NDR) or Delivery Status Notification (DSN)
- RSS feeds
- Personal Messaging Resource Management (MRM) Tags
- Outlook Quick Steps
- Client-side rules are not migrated. Client-only rules do not execute until the user who created the rules logs into the Outlook client with the same profile used to create the rule
- Server-side rules are not migrated - these include rules created by a user within the Outlook Web App or via the Exchange Admin Centre.
- Linked mailboxes (described in: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123524.aspx). For linked mailboxes, Exchange creates a disabled user account in the local forest that is used as a stand-in for the foreign account. CloudMigrator can migrate linked mailboxes only if the mailbox is accessible via web access (OWA/EWS).
- Color-coding for categories
- Pictures that have been added within a Business Card, under Contacts. Note: Pictures are included in the migration for the migration scenarios with high fidelity, e.g., for Exchange to Office 365, and Office 365 to Office 365
- Delegation - This is an EWS limitation, the setting cannot be exported
- Contact categories.
Exchange/Office 365 (Destination)
- Acceptance status for meeting participants (accepted, declined, tentative)
G Suite (Source)
- Calendar Reminders
- Google Categories (i.e., the Google category flags: Social, Promotions, Updates, Forums)
- Gmail "Snoozed" emails. This is a limitation with the Gmail API.
G Suite (Destination)
- Google Templates - However, files that the template had been applied to are migrated
- Document Scripts/Macros - Scripts are not converted to macros when going to documents
- Document Version history
Note: Free Google Drive accounts are not a supported Source for Google Drive migrations
OneDrive for Business
- Creation date - Creation date gets changed to the "date of migration" date
- Document history
- Version history
Office 365 Groups
- Office 365 Planner
- Site logos and customizations
- Task lists
- Custom tasks
- News feed
- Email categories - these are no longer a standard feature of the Lotus Notes mail database
- Lotus Distribution Groups
- Box Notes
- Box Bookmarks
- Box Tags
- Version history
- Dropbox Notes
- Dropbox Bookmarks
- Dropbox Tags
- Version history
- Email templates
Exchange Public Folders
- Only mail migration is supported from Exchange Public Folders
CloudMigrator is a content migration solution. Our service does not perform any of the following:
- Creation of Outlook profiles (OutlookConfig handles this)
- Migration of client side settings
- Active Directory-related object creations or synchronization
- NK2 files migration
- Propagation of updates, deletes, or moves of items previously migrated from prior migration passes, because we do not have “live” monitoring of changes (as with a sync agent), and we cannot handle scenarios such as conflict resolution without user interaction.
- Migration of version history for any system