In the CloudManager Root OU settings, it is possible to create Predefined Tags or Predefined Extra Information
These work in two different ways.
Predefined Extra Information
Predefined Extra information is a custom field unique to CloudManager based on key-value pairs. The key is the predefined text field configured at the root OU and the value is either a text or boolean (Yes/No) data type which is populated per user profile. Consider an office using phone extensions, by creating a Predefined Extra information field with the key 'Extension' and setting the value data type to 'Text' each user profile would have an Extension field that can be populated with their own unique extension number. The same principal can be used to configure other information such as personal LinkedIn URLs which can then be added to email signatures automatically using attribute placeholders.
Use in signatures
You can use Predefined Extra Information in email signatures using attribute placeholders.
Predefined Extra information can be configured in the Predefined Fields menu under the Manage Domain section.
- Under Manage Domain in the left hand menu of CloudManager click Predefined Fields.
- Scroll down to the Predefined Extra Information section.
- Click Add then enter a text value for your predefined field.
- Choose a position to determine the order of your Predefined Extra Information fields then click Add again.
- The new value will be added to the list of Predefined Extra Information fields.
- The 3rd column in this list can be used to choose a location for the field in user profiles or to hide it completely.
- Click Update at the top right to push this field to your user profiles.
- The newly added field can now be populated on each profile.
A predefined tag is slightly different to extra information, as it's not a key-value pair but simply a value placed on the account. Each tag can be customised visually for a font & background colour so they're easily recognisable when scrolling through multiple users accounts at a time. Tags much like extra information can be used for search queries so that you can collect people into groups or contact lists, however it's important to note that there is no support for adding a tag into an email signature. Tags again can be used to show internally skills between colleagues such as proficiency in G Suite, Health & Safety, or anything else that might be of use. It's important to note that if you're using CloudManager in a way to allow for internal use of regular users, you can also use tags to show potentially useful social information such as who performs car-sharing for commutes or who takes part in team building activities around the office - which again can then be used to create a group and keep everyone up to date.
Use in Smart Groups
Use tags in Smart Groups logic to group staff together and perform actions