Account must be active
Both the delegator and the delegate must be active user accounts AND do not require a change of password in the next sign in or an error will be returned.
Within CloudM Manage, you can perform a delegation of both Mail & Calendar.
Actions menu naming:
- Mail = Delegate access
- Calendar = Delegate calendar
Delegation allows you to view, create, edit and delete items in the destination environment.
CloudM Manage enables you to perform this in several ways:
- As part of a deprovisioning policy process. See Deprovisioning Policy and process
- Through search results - selecting a returned user account
- Browsing organisational units and locating a user account
Wherever delegation is carried out within CloudM Manage, you are always given 2 tabs to decide on the type of delegation: "Incoming" & "Outgoing".
- Incoming means to give other users access to the user your editings profile.
- Outgoing means to give the editing users profile access to other users.
Select multiple user accounts
If you use the search bar you can select multiple users and perform both email and calendar delegation - saving you time.
The steps to perform a delegation are:
- Locate the user (or multiple user accounts if using search results)
- Click on the user account(s)
- Click on the right hand Action menu
- Select Delegate Access or Delegate Calendar
For mail all that's needed is the email address of the person who is going to be delegated access.
When delegating calendar you're able to specify not just the user but to which calendar the delegators have access.
User ID Lookup
You can select the user by starting to type the username and CloudM Manage will provide a list of results to select.