If you operate an on-premise directory application such as Active Directory, eDirectory or OpenLDAP, then CloudM Manage can integrate with your directory to accept event requests from CloudM Manage such as user creation, updates and password changes.
The full range of events currently available are:
- User Creation - When a new user is created
- User Deletion - When a user is deleted from CloudM Manage
- User Rename - When a user's name or email address is changed
- User Move - When a user is moved from one OU to another
- User Password Change - When a user changes their password
- User Update - When a user edits their profile, or their profile is edited
When one of the above events occurs, CloudM Manage makes a secure request to an on-premise connector application that performs matching operations in your directory.
When a notification is sent, CloudM Manage makes an HTTP request to the endpoint specified in the integration settings. The endpoint is a servlet application that runs on your own network, and accepts and verifies requests from CloudM Manage before making any changes to your directory. Requests are encrypted and use public private key pairs to ensure authenticity and to ensure the connector application only processes requests from CloudM.