The following steps will allow you to install the User Interface, Master Service and SQL Express for a typical master server installation.
- Select 'Advanced (Can be installed on multiple servers with advanced options)' from the installation types.
- Select 'Install Master Service and Desktop Application'
- It is not recommended to install a slave service on the master service in a multi-server configuration. Slaves should be installed on slave servers and not on the master server.
- Select 'Install SQL Express' - if you would like to use an existing installation of SQL Server then please see the section of the documentation covering this. It is recommended to use the default option.
- To select an alternative installation directory, click the button to the right of 'Select Installation Path'. It is recommended to use the default option.
- Click Install to proceed, this installation process can take some time.
- The installer will install the required components and will create the appropriate firewall rules.
- When the installer completes, the database details used for the master server are displayed on the summary screen. You need these details when installing slave services, so please copy them or download the text file containing these details.
- When you are done installing the master server, install one or more slave servers. You will need the database details as described in the previous step.
If you have only chosen to install the Master Service, the Slave Migration Service can later be enabled by using Service Configuration Tool if you would like to also enable a slave on the same server as the master. This is not required if you have setup other slave services on other servers.