This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudM Migrate for a migration from Lotus Notes/Domino. It is highly recommended that you read the application documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
The following software should be installed on the migration workstation:
- CloudM Migrate
- Lotus Notes client, version 6.0.2 or higher. The client installation should be compatible with the server installation
What else do I need?
- The Notes/Domino server address
- Administrator username. The username is usually in the format Admin/ORG
- Administrator password
- Administrator Notes ID file
Service Access to Mapped Drives
If you are using the web version of CloudM Migrate or a multi server setup with secondary servers and want to migrate NSF files that are not on the Notes server and will be accessed directly from the file system then you should make sure that the CloudM Migrate service has access to mapped drives if the files are located there. Please see the article on making mapped drives available for more information.
Logging into the Notes Client
You must log into the Notes client on all servers where the migration will run when logged into the server as the specified Windows User and with the Notes Administrator username and password. Failure to do this will result in permission issues when opening the Notes ID file.
- Select Lotus Notes/Domino in the platform selector
- Enter the settings into the Notes/Domino server configuration settings
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for GSuite, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the configuration using the configuration test tool, available at ‘Tools->Check Connections’. See this article for more information about the connection test tool. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration
- Email categories are not a standard feature of the Lotus Notes mail database and cannot be migrated.
- Encrypted emails or archives.
If you have any specialized needs, or would like to learn more about the migration options and how they can be used to make sure your migration is performed in an appropriate way for your organisation, please refer to the advanced settings.
Lotus Notes archives can also be migrated with CloudM Migrate. See the section in Migration Concepts and Operations for more information.