This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudMigrator for a migration to or from Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365. It is highly recommended that you read the application documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
The following software should be installed on the migration workstation:
- PowerShell, available from Microsoft. With modern versions of Windows (Windows Server 2008R2 or Windows 7 and higher, PowerShell is usually already installed)
- The credentials (username and password) of an administrative user in Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365 (Multi-factor authentication must be disabled for the administrator during the migration)
- The name of a test account in the destination that can be used for testing
- The URL for Autodiscovery, or the Direct Exchange Web Services URL for your Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 (for Office 365, the default settings should be used)
- Ensure you have setup application impersonation or delegated access. Application impersonation should normally be used.
- If you are migrating to OneDrive, you need to ensure that all of your users have OneDrive provisioned prior to the migration.
- Select Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365 in the platform selector
- Enter the server settings into CloudMigrator, making sure to follow the instructions for each setting as documented here for source and destination. Choose the Credential Method, depending on what you have setup.
- Make sure that the ‘Import Name’ for all of your users is correct. The combination of ‘Import Name’@’Domain Name’ should match the primary SMTP address of the users in your destination system. If you are using the built-in PowerShell scripts to create users then they will be created, or verified before a migration for each user begins.
- You may also need to run the following command in PowerShell before running any other commands:
Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSignedas Administrator, or
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted CurrentUseras the user you will be logged in as when running the CloudMigrator.
- Check the PowerShell scripts for your migration are setup correctly. You may or may not need to run PowerShell scripts depending on your migration.
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for G Suite, Google Vault, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the configuration using the configuration test tool, available at ‘Tools->Check Connections’. See this article for more information about the connection test tool. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration