When running CloudMigrator in multi-server mode, you need to setup multiple servers to run the CloudMigrator master and slave services.
Recommended Setup Steps
- Setup a master server, either in-house or using a hosted Virtual Machine
It is important to note, that we recommend, in larger migrations where numerous slaves will be utilized, that you should change the Virtual Memory of the Master VM from the default Custom, which has a low threshold, to 'System Managed'. This is to improve performance of the master as it communicates with the REDIS database.
- Install the CloudMigrator master service
- Setup a slave server, again either in-house or using a hosted Virtual Machine
- Install the CloudMigrator Secondary Service
- Validate the CloudMigrator services are connected to each other
- Install or clone as many slave servers as you require
- If you clone Virtual Machines you must ensure they have been prepared correctly for cloning using sysprep. See the sub-articles for more information about this.