The Server component contains the functionality for administering Outlook profile migration and generating the OutlookConfig client installer. The installation of the Server component is included in the main CloudMigrator installation.
- 64 bit Operating system: Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10/Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 (Clean build recommended)
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 and 4.5
- Recommended system specification:
- 3GHz 8 Core Processor or better
- 200+GB Disk space
- 16+GB Memory
- WiX installer toolkit from http://wixtoolset.org/releases/
WiX Installer Required Prerequisite
Wix 3.11 is required for the OutlookConfig to complete configuration. Wix can be downloaded from http://wixtoolset.org/releases/
The Server component is installed by the main CloudMigrator installation.
The Server component of OutlookConfig has 3 main functions:
- Generating the Client Installer with connection settings built in
- Administration of Outlook Profile migration
- Viewing of Logs related to CloudConfig
The OutlookConfig Administration and OutlookConfig Logs can be accessed through the Cloud Migrator Web UI burger menu in the top left corner.
The OutlookConfig Administration page
Client Installer Generation
The purpose of generating the installer from within the Web user interface is so that it can be created with details of how to connect back your CloudMigrator installation. This allows the OutlookConfig Client to be installed easily on an end user machine.
- Click the Generate Installer button
- A dialog will display with several fields
- Installer Name - Name of the generated MSI
- Service Url (Host) - Url to the web installation of CloudMigrator.
3. Click the Generate button
4. A process will now start that will create the Outlookconfig.msi used install the OutlookConfig client
5. Once completed a download link will be provided to download the MSI from the server
6. Download the OutlookConfig.msi and save to a known safe location or Copy the Url to the download and save
A migration administrator must actively select a User for Outlook Profile migration. This can be performed through the OutlookConfig Administration page.
Selecting the User for migration sets a flag on that User that enables the OutlookConfig client installed on the end user machine to perform the Outlook Profile migration.
The OutlookConfig Client polls the Server every 60 minutes to check the status of this flag, therefore selecting the User for migration may take up to 60 minutes to be discovered on the end user machine.
Users can be selected and enabled in bulk using the menu and button at the top of the column.
A log of the OutlookConfig operations carried out per user can be found in the OutlookConfig Logs page.