In CloudManager editing users profiles is an equally important and easy to use feature.
First navigate to the OU where you want to edit the user in question, be sure to click on their profile in this view and then click on the 3-dotted menu in the top right hand side menu to bring up the action menu, from here simply click "Edit Profile".
You can perform a search to locate your users and edit their profile from the search results.
Depending on how you've set up the display tab (see Editing Organisational Units (OUs)) for the OU the user is a member of (or the OU that is inheriting from) the information in the profile will vary in its order, however you will find the following details for each user:
- Notes - Plain text you want to attach to the account.
- Personal Details - Date of Birth, Nickname, Title and more.
- Organisation Details - The users role, department & employment
- Aliases - Just like with GSuite extra emails attached to this specific account
- Email Addresses - These can be any email address, they needn't be attached to the business profile but could be their personal one.
- Location - Where the user is, this can be the address of the branch they're in, or their personal one.
- Telephone - A collection of different numbers the user can be reached on including fax & pagers
- Manager - The account within the organisation to which this user reports.
- Assistants - The accounts within the organisation that assist this user.
- IM Addresses - Contact details for various platforms to which the user has access.
- Weblinks - Other web pages related to the user.
- (Predefined) Extra Information - A key/value pair on the user account that is custom to either the domain (Predefined) or the user.
- (Predefined) Tags - A value alone on the users account that is custom to either the domain (Predefined) or the user.
Other user actions
The action menu available when you have selected a user account enables you to perform many other actions - based on your level of access which may vary from the screenshot below.
Other Actions available from the selected user Actions menu
- Update Password - If the user cannot remember their password then this is where you can reset it to another value, it must adhere to the OU password policy however.
- Clear Password Recovery - If the user has password recovery questions setup but cannot remember an answer to it, this option will clear those quetsions.
- Manage 2-Step Verification - Here you can add/remove/update all the versions of 2-Step Verification that CloudManager offer including Back-up codes; Google Authenticator; Fallback email addresses & Yubikeys
- Manage Backup Codes - This is use purely for the backup codes of 2-Step Verification.
- Update Image - This changes the profile photo in CloudManager.
- Gmail Settings - You can from here edit the users Send As address; Forwarding Rules & Vacation Responder.
- View Email Signature - This shows the current email signature value, not the one currently being synchronised out.
- Set Calendar Time Zone - This sets the timezone for the user and affects the way the calendar looks for them and the default timezone for new events.
- Requests - Shows all requests made of the account which can include contact shares mostly.
- Contacts - Shows all contact lists this user has available to them which can then be shared out to others.
- Contact Information - Provide a QR code which contains the users contact data as a vCard.
- Rename User - Change the users name/email
- Move User - Change the users location in your OU hierarchy
- Deprovision User - Start the deprovision/deletion process
- Set End Date - Set a date for the user to be deprovisioned/deleted on.
- Suspend User - Lock this users account and stop all mail incoming.
- Hide User - Remove this user from the global address list.
- Manage Roles - Add roles to this user and an OU for which this role to have an effect upon.
- Delegate Access - Provide access to this users account or provide this user access to other users.
- Delegate Calendar - Similar to Delegate Access but for Calendar only not Mail.
- Manage Smart Groups - Add this user as a Member/Manager/Owner to a Group.