You can create a role that allows administrators (typically your Human Resources team or Department Managers) to manage other users within their domain. This includes being able to create, rename and move users in the domain.
This is done by assigning the Manage Users permissions to a role, and then assigning the role to an individual or group.
- Select CloudM Manage Customization and then click on Role Configuration
- Click New
- Give the new role a Name
- Set Scope to Global (or limit to an OU if needed)
- You can Add a template from the drop down menu, if required. This will add a set of predefined permissions to the new role based on the role template selected. You can still unassign the role template or individual roles that have been set.
- Select Add to save the new role.
- Select the new role in the Roles column
- Move the Manage Users permission (and another other permission you want the role to have) from the Unused Permissions column to the Assigned Permissions column.
- Select Save
- Move to the Role Assignment tab
- Select Holder = Profile (then enter the user name - repeat for each user)
- Or, select Group = A CloudM Manage SmartGroup which you can create and either manually add HR / People Team personnel, other users or make it based on a tag or other condition.
- Role = Select the name of the Role you created in Role Configuration
- Set Org Unit to the top level OU / domain
- Select Add. The user or group will now appear in the table, along with the assigned role.
Once a new role has been assigned to them, a user needs to either refresh their page (if already logged in) or log in before they will see and be able to use their new permissions.