Slave services must be installed on the same network and use the same database connection settings as the 'Master Service'. Only one 'Slave Migration Service' can be installed on any single server. You should install a master service before installing slave services.
- Ensure your server meets the system requirements.
- Make sure you have the master service database details, which were shown to you at the end of the migration when installing a master service.
- Setup a server (or multiple servers) to host the slave services
- Select 'Advanced (Can be installed on multiple servers with advanced options)' from the installation types.
- Select 'Install Secondary Migration Service'
- Maximum users per slave - enter the maximum number of users this slave will migrate, the default is 20 users.
- Select 'Use Existing SQL Server' and populate the following fields.
- Server Name - this will be the server/server sql instance where your database resides and should be the same as that used by the master service.
- Database - database name, must be the same as that used by the master service.
- User Name - user which has access to the database entered in the previous step.
- Password - the password for the provided user.
- Click 'Test Connection' to test the above settings. On a successful connection you will see an 'OK' message displayed.
- To select an alternative installation directory, click the button to the right of 'Select Installation Path:'. Click Install to proceed.
- The installer will install the required components and will create the appropriate firewall rules.
Slave servers can be added after a migration starts if required. When the master service detects a new slave service, migration jobs will be allocated to it automatically.
Installing Multiple Secondary Servers
Repeat the process on as many slaves as you would like to install. It is also possible to make an image of the slave and clone it to other servers to speed up the process. Please see the section of the documentation regarding cloning slaves to ensure they are correctly cloned.
If you are cloning slaves, please pay attention to the notes in the documentation in that section to ensure they are correctly cloned for CloudMigrator to operate correctly.
Configurations can be updated on a per server basis by using the Service Configuration Tool.