Secondary services must be installed on the same network and use the same database connection settings as the 'Primary Service'. Only one 'Secondary Migration Service' can be installed on any single server. You should install a primary service before installing secondary services.
- Ensure your server meets the system requirements.
- Make sure you have the primary service database details, which were shown to you at the end of the migration when installing a primary service.
- Setup a server (or multiple servers) to host the secondary services
- Select 'Advanced (Can be installed on multiple servers with advanced options)' from the installation types.
- Select 'Install Secondary Migration Service'
- Maximum users per secondary - enter the maximum number of users this secondary will migrate, the default is 20 users.
- Select 'Use Existing SQL Server' and populate the following fields.
- Server Name - this will be the server/server sql instance where your database resides and should be the same as that used by the primary service.
- Database - database name, must be the same as that used by the primary service.
- User Name - user which has access to the database entered in the previous step.
- Password - the password for the provided user.
- Click 'Test Connection' to test the above settings. On a successful connection you will see an 'OK' message displayed.
- To select an alternative installation directory, click the button to the right of 'Select Installation Path:'. Click Install to proceed.
- The installer will install the required components and will create the appropriate firewall rules.
Secondary servers can be added after a migration starts if required. When the primary service detects a new secondary service, migration jobs will be allocated to it automatically.
Installing Multiple Secondary Servers
Repeat the process on as many secondaries as you would like to install. It is also possible to make an image of the secondary and clone it to other servers to speed up the process. Please see the section of the documentation regarding cloning secondaries to ensure they are correctly cloned.
If you are cloning secondaries, please pay attention to the notes in the documentation in that section to ensure they are correctly cloned for CloudMigrator to operate correctly.
Configurations can be updated on a per server basis by using the Service Configuration Tool.