While the default options are recommended for the majority of organisations CloudM Migrate gives users the ability to customise their migration experience. The following are some of the Advanced Options available to customers migrating from G Suite (Google Apps). Changing some of these options will change the way data is migrated.
- Migrate Hangout Links – migrate Hangout links within appointments by adding them to the body of a migrated appointment.
- Migrate Chat History – migrate Google Chat messages to the destination system. In the destination, migrated chat messages appear as email messages
- Migrated Chat Label – the label or folder to apply to migrated chat messages.
- Migrate All Drive Items – when migrating from Google Drive, migrate all required files when processing the migrating user. This can result in files not belonging to the migrating user being migrated. This should normally be enabled. Setting this to false means that only items that the migrating user owns will be migrated, and all folders within their folder structure will become owned by the migrating user. This is almost always not recommended. If this option is used and then disabled and another migration performed, duplicates will likely be created.
- Migrate Items Only From Listed Users - migrate only Drive items from those users listed on the users tab. 'Migrate All Drive Items' should also be true for this setting to apply. If you want to migrate items from users other than those being migrated, be sure to include them on the users tab but do not select them for migration.
- Migrate Contents of Non-Owned Folders - migrate contents of folders not owned by the migrating user. This usually only needs enabling when some users are not migrated to the destination and you want to ensure all content is migrated. It is not normally needed.
- Migrate Orphaned Folders – migrate orphaned Google Drive folders that have no parents. This can cause a migration to take longer due to an increase in the required number of requests. Note that orphaned files are always migrated.
- Preserve Modified Date – attempt to preserve the modified date of any migrated files.
- Maximum Results Per Request – the limit on the number of results returned when listing files using the Google Drive API
'Migrate Items Only from Listed Users' should be used with care, especially if you are migrating an entire domain. If you are migrating all of your users during a migration, you should not select this option for any part of your migration. If you do use the option, you should ensure that your user list is fully correct before starting the first migration.
- Gmail API Filter Override – when using the Gmail API to migrate email, CloudM Migrate will normally build the required filters to migrate email according to your settings. Use this option to specify an explicit filter that can be used to override the default behavior. Note that if this option is provided then date ranges and folder settings that you have set elsewhere in the configuration will be ignored. For more information about advanced Gmail filters, see: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7190
- Use Limited Scopes – for email migrations use Limited Scopes. This requires the following scopes to be enabled : 'https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.labels' and 'https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.readonly'
Migration Options (Google)
- Allow Missing Special Folders – Allow a migration to proceed if any of the ‘special’ folders (All Mail/Trash/Starred/etc.) are not visible via IMAP due to user settings. Note if this is set to true, then it is possible that some email for users may be missed. This option is not relevant when using the Gmail API for migration.
Comment Options (Google)
- Migrate File Comments - allow the migration of Google Document comments. Please review the following article before enabling this feature.
- Maximum Results Per Request - the maximum number of results to return for individual queries to the Comments API.