While the default options are recommended for the majority of organisations CloudMigrator gives users the ability to customise their migration experience. The following are some of the Advanced Options available to customers migrating from Google Vault. Changing some of these options will change the way data is migrated.
- Polling Interval – the interval in minutes used to poll for the status of an export. Vault exports can take some time to generate depending on the amount of data they contain. Once created, CloudMigrator polls and sleeps using this value until the exports have completed.
- Mail Search Term – search term used to narrow or broaden the export search. See https://support.google.com/vault/answer/2474474?hl=en
- Concurrent Download Limit – the number of exports downloadable at the same time. As the export files can be quite large, this setting is used to limit disk usage to prevent a system running out of disk space.
- Search Timezone – the default timezone to use when building export search. See https://support.google.com/vault/answer/6092995?hl=en
- Preserve Matters On Completion - preserve the Google Vault Matters created during the export process on migration completion (Success or Failure). This setting can be used to diagnose issues with exports, but should remain false at all other times.
Mail Archive Options
- Archive Label Method – specify how labels or folders will be used when migrating archives:
- Specified Label – use the label or folder specified by the setting below
- Email Labels – when migrating from mbox files exported by Google Vault then use the headers in the emails to determine the destination label/folder.
- Archive Label – specify the label or folder that migrated messages will be placed into when using ‘Specified Label’ for the option below.
- Special Folder Names – if using Email labels to determine the destination folder or label, then use these names to determine if the folder is a special folder.
- Auto Generate Missing Message Ids – use automatically generated message IDs for any messages that do not contain a message ID