The information below is for when configuring GroupWise as source platform for a migration.
- Address – The hostname or IP address of the GroupWise server.
- Note: if you have multiple users with same UserID, you must migrate them directly from the server they are located on and not rely on a domain server to route the login. Failure to do this could result in data being migrated from the wrong account.
- Port – The port number of the GroupWise server.
- Admin Name - The login name of an admin user, with an active email account, within the GroupWise system.
- Name – The trusted application name, as provided to the trusted application creator.
- Key – The trusted application key, as provided by the trusted application creator.
User Extraction Options
- Use System Address Book – Set to true to use the system address book for obtaining user lists. Use this if the standard method of obtaining users (using Domain DN/Path) cannot be used, or if the Novell Client is not installed on the migration workstation. If this option is set, the GroupWise client must be an English version. Note that if using this method then GroupWise External Entities will also be returned. External Entities can be used for provisioning, but no data can be migrated. In general it is recommended to use the standard method for extracting user lists as the data returned by this method is generally not as accurate.
Note: Only one of ‘Domain DN’ or ‘Domain Path’ is required. If ‘Domain Path’ is present it will be used in preference to ‘Domain DN’. ‘Domain Path’ is usually more flexible and can normally be used with Linux-based GroupWise installations with more success than ‘Domain DN’ where access to the domain object can be limited.
Note: If ‘Use System Address Book’ in ‘User Extraction Options’ is set to true, then the Domain DN and Domain Path settings are not required or used.