This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudMigrator for a migration from DropBox. It is highly recommended that you read the application documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
In order to access all data within Dropbox for Business, data is retrieved using the ‘Team member file access’ API and you are required to create a Dropbox for Business Application.
Please ensure that the file content you are migrating from Dropbox is owned by the users you wish to migrate.
Creating a Dropbox for Business Application
- Navigate to: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/create/business and login with a Dropbox for Business administration account.
- Select ‘Team member file access’ from the options presented and enter a unique name for your application and click ‘Create App’
Note: If an application already exists within Dropbox for Business with the same name you will be presented with the following message ‘This app name is already taken’. Adjust the name accordingly to make the name unique e.g. append with a random number.
- If not already selected, select the ‘Settings’ tab. Under the section ‘OAuth 2’ enter the following into the redirect URIs textbox, “https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/redirect_receiver” (without the quotes) and click ‘Add’.
- Under the ‘Generated access token’ header click ‘Generate’.
Note: Make a note of the following as these are required to configure CloudMigrator. App Key and generated access token.
- Select Dropbox for Business in the platform selector:
- Enter the settings into the Dropbox for Business server settings
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for G Suite, Google Vault, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the configuration using the configuration test tool, available at ‘Tools->Check Connections’. See this article for more information about the connection test tool. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration
If you have any specialized needs, or would like to learn more about the migration options and how they can be used to make sure your migration is performed in an appropriate way for your organisation, please refer to the advanced options