This quick start guide provides you with the basic information to configure CloudMigrator for a migration to and from G Suite (Google Apps). It is highly recommended that you read the documentation in full for your platforms in order to understand all of the options available to you during a migration.
- The Developers console needs to be enabled in the Admin console in order to create a project.
- The name of a primary G Suite domain administrator account
- An OAuth 2.0 Service Account
- The name of a test account in the destination that can be used for testing
- The name of the primary or secondary domain that you are migrating to/from
- Ensure you have setup the GSuite domain and API
- Select GSuite in the source or destination platform selector.
- Enter the Account details into the GSuite configuration settings for source or destination, making sure to follow the instructions for each setting in the documentation available here for source and here for destination and inside CloudMigrator.
- Enter the Service Account details into the configuration settings. Please click here to see how to set this up.
- Once the Service account is set up to get the Service email go to Credentials > Manage Service Account then 'View Client ID'.
- Copy the Service account (be sure to only copy the email address and not title of project as shown below).
- Enter your license key. Please click Help > Licence Key to apply the licence. Paste in licence key and click Apply.
- Setup your destination platform. Instructions are available for G Suite, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 and Exchange Online Archives.
- Test the configuration using the configuration test tool, available at ‘Tools->Check Connections’. See this article for more information about the connection test tool. You will also need to complete the settings for the destination platform before running this test. If any problems are encountered with the connection test, please examine the error and make the adjustments to your configuration settings.
- Generate your user list and select the users and items you would like to migrate in the ‘Users/Resources’ tab.
- Start your migration
If you have any specialized needs, or would like to learn more about the migration options and how they can be used to make sure your migration is performed in an appropriate way for your organisation, please refer to the advanced settings.
Migrating to or from Team Drives
To migrate to or from Google Team Drives see the documentation for this feature
Google Drive Migrations
- See the section in Migration Concepts and Operations for more information about Google Drive migrations.
- Delta migrations are also possible to Google Drive, where CloudMigrator detects and migrates changes only.
- Email attachments can be migrated to Google Drive for all source platforms.
- Email can be migrated directly into Google Groups from all source platforms.