Basic installation installs all components to a single machine and is suitable for performing migrations from a single server or as the main server in a migration farm. If you have specialised requirements, have a pre-existing SQL Server instance you would like to use, or will be performing multi-server migrations using a server farm, you should also review the advanced installation documentation.
If you have any problems installing CloudMigrator, please refer to the installation issues article.
The following components makeup and are used by CloudMigrator
- Web Application and Master Service
- Desktop Application (optional)
- Slave Service
- SQL Server Express 2014
To start the installation run the installation package.
- Review the license terms and conditions and check the checkbox. Click 'Next'
- By default, the below items will be selected/populated. To select an alternative installation directory, click the button to the right of 'Select Installation Path:'. Click Install to proceed, this installation process can take some time.
- Start CloudMigrator by loading the web interface (default) or the desktop application. Alternatively, the interfaces are available in the Start menu, under Cloud Technology Solutions.
Above: Example of the CloudMigrator Pro Installer.